Friday, December 23, 2005

American Acceptance

What does it take to be accepted in modern America?
"Osama bin Laden's niece, in an interview with GQ magazine in which she appears scantily clad, says she has nothing in common with the al-Qaida leader and simply wants acceptance by Americans.
[...]
'I want to be accepted here, but I feel that everybody'’s judging me and rejecting me,' said the California-born Dufour, a musician and law school graduate who lives in New York. 'Come on, where's the American spirit? Accept me. I want to be embraced, because my values are like yours. And I'’m here. I'’m not hiding.'" [source: MSNBC]
Does anybody see the hidden message here? Do you have to appear scantily clad in GQ to be 'accepted' in America?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

‘My values are like yours,’

Does anyone else see this as an insult to American women? Sure, there are plenty of American women who can't tell their daily wear from their undergarments, but not everyone. In my opinio, she is not someone who would be the "ideal American" and not because of her relations.

10:01 PM, December 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home